Finding ways to recharge and disconnect from technology when it occupies so much of our day can be a challenge.
Before computers and technology, arts and crafts were a primary source of entertainment and fun.
Whether it be painting, pottery, woodworking or coloring, engaging in arts and crafts can provide an array of health and wellness benefits. They give us a chance to connect with others, relax our mind, refine our motor skills, reduce our stress and even create gifts for friends and family!
Below are just a few suggestions on how you can get your craft on!
- Scrapbooking - Combine your favorite memories, pictures and publications onto the pages of a book. Check out Pinterest or Scrapbook.com for some excellent ideas to get you started!
- Decoupage - Get those hands working as you cut out pictures to varnish and decorate boxes or photo frames and so much more! Here are just a few examples of what’s possible.
- Knitting & Sewing - Make your own clothes, blankets and more! Check out this tutorial on how to start knitting. Here are some tips and tricks to help you get your sew on if you think this is more your style!
- Photography - Capture your favorite memories and let those creative juices flow. Here are some basics tips to help improve your photography game.
- Calligraphy - An ancient art of handwriting. Start creating your own cards and beautiful handwritten letters! Check out this blog to help get you started.
- Model Plane Making & Woodwork - Love to build things with your hands. These hobbies could be the ones for you! Here is a great site to help turn the basics of your plan into a plane! Woodwork more your thing? Click here for a video tutorial to help get your woodworking for you or here for a list of 50 easy woodwork projects to try!
- Jewelry Making - A great hobby allowing you to express your creative flair through fashion. Great to do alone or with others. Here is an awesome site loaded with ideas and instructional tips!
- Card Making - Perfect for birthdays, gifts and holidays - nothing beats a card with an extra personal touch. Check out Pinterest for some cool and quirky card ideas!
- Terrariums - These cute little tanks allow you to combine and display nature inside the home! Whether you live in an apartment or a house with a yard, these are a wonderful way to bring nature into your every day.
- Candle Making - Great for gifts, and to have your favorite smells burning nicely around the house! Here is an awesome guide to help kick off your candle-making career.
Whether it's a love from the past, or a new love to be found, why not try to get your craft on today!
Get a Taste of WAG
The WAG Crash Course is OPEN for enrollment. This 30-day course will teach you the ins and outs of macro tracking, building healthy lifestyle habits and sustaining results without restricting the foods you love. Get personalized macros from a WAG Coach, join the members-only Facebook Group and participate in quarterly Live Q&A sessions with WAG Coaches.