Creating a Goal Board
The inspiration for this post is from one of my client’s who took my homework of creating very specific goals to the next level. She thoughtfully created a beautiful goal board to house all of these goals, but, in her own words, decided to take a morning practice of setting one intention for the day upon waking.
By addressing and celebrating the small habits we cultivate, we are pulling together the foundation for our longer term plans. Writing down goals and having them visually present it urges us to grow with them every single day, and allows us to be reminded of the things we wish to manifest into our lives. #lawofattraction!
Your goal board can be anything that you can draw inspiration from, larger goals or even just little reminders to keep organized.
These are a few questions to get you started:
- What does progress mean to you? Describe in 3 words what it looks and feels like.
- What are performance specific skills that you’re working on?
- How can your meal choices be focused on health and balance?
- What is one positive statement that you need to hear? - these could be words from yourself, your coach, or a loved one!
- If you had the power to bring anything into your life, what would it be?
Examples of a small daily goal:
- Water targets for the day.
- What is one action that you can do in 5 minutes or less to make your morning go smoothly? Ex: lay your gym clothes out, pack your lunch, empty the sink of dishes.
- Positive self talk: set a mantra for the day
Fill it with joy!
- Positive affirmations
- Photos of role models (even your favorite selfie, why not?!)
- Competition dates
- Recent PRs
The beauty of a goal board is the more time we spend truly being aware of what we want in our lives, the more aware we become of what we need to do to get there. Larger long term goals set a motivation to lead us and short terms goals break larger ones into something more satisfying and attainable with immediate goals. Small changes that we implement into our day to day is what allows us to dream big, and get there!
Did you start a goal board? We want to see it!
Get a Taste of WAG
The WAG Crash Course is opens for enrollment on January 25th. This 30-day course teaches you the ins and outs of macro tracking, building healthy lifestyle habits and sustaining results without restricting the foods you love. Get personalized macros from a WAG Coach, join the members-only Facebook Group and participate in quarterly Live Q&A sessions with WAG Coaches.