How to Keep Moving on Vacation
We all need a break from the routine and regularity of our day. What better way to recharge and decompress from the busyness of our daily schedules than to take a vacation!
With the countless destination options and experiences to be had, narrowing down the perfect destination can be a challenge. Depending on where you’re at with your goals, the prospect of vacation can also be a little daunting when we know our eating and training routine is likely going to be disrupted.
Planning is key to the success of any goal we undertake. One of the most critical parts is having realistic expectations and being clear on what we want to achieve.
While we might not have the comforts of our usual routine, there are still numerous ways we can keep ourselves active and stay on track with our nutrition to ensure we come home feeling our best!
Planning Vacation. How we unwind and recharge is a very individual thing. Take your time to think about what you need and want on your vacation!
- Perhaps you want to hike in the Himalayas or go on a safari in Africa. One of these adventure-packed choices could be for you!
- Nothing will get the blood flowing and heart racing like diving with sharks or running with the bulls in Spain. Thrill-seeking can be perfect for this!
- Time to disconnect and ground yourself with a yoga retreat in the Bahamas or Santorini? Vacations like these are great for recharging!
- Get some miles on your shoes with a day of walking Disney or perhaps mini golf in Ocean City. Family fun is for everyone!
- If sun and surf are more your things, pack up the car and road trip your way along the coast. Beach vacations are waiting for you!
Plan accommodations and locations accordingly. Always keep in mind the proximity to shops, gyms and walkable attractions. Plan activities like these which allow you to walk, bike, swim, run and play games. This is a great way to stay moving throughout your day. At your hotel, take the stairs and do additional laps around the halls to help get those steps in. Does your hotel have a pool? Great! Let’s do some laps and stretch those muscles after your travel day!
Look good. Feel good. Pick up some new WAG Swag here to keep you looking your best on vacay!
Get a Taste of WAG
The WAG Crash Course is OPEN for enrollment. This 30-day course will teach you the ins and outs of macro tracking, building healthy lifestyle habits and sustaining results without restricting the foods you love. Get personalized macros from a WAG Coach, join the members-only Facebook Group and participate in quarterly Live Q&A sessions with WAG Coaches.