Mastery in 5 Minutes
Ever heard yourself say, “I’d love to, but I don’t have time” at some point in your life?
Many of us feel as though our schedules are already so full, and starting another project, or adding one more task to the list that always seems to be growing would be nearly impossible.
We can create space for new projects by finding new efficiencies in our processes, letting go of that which no longer serves us, asking for help, and outsourcing! We can also look to use our existing time more effectively.
Creating new habits and chipping away at our goals doesn’t always require a large investment of time each day. There is so much power in routine and habit, that by simply dedicating five minutes a day to a new interest or goal will start us on our path to mastery in no time! The small investment of our time today will pay big dividends in the future!
I challenge you to get up five minutes earlier or switch out five minutes of mindless scrolling on social media to engage in five minutes of something that will propel you forward in life!
Below are just a few ways you could make those five minutes work for you!
- Write a to-do list - The five minutes spent here could save you hours across the day.
- Meditate and stretch - Apps such as Calm have short and effective guided meditations available for you to complete anywhere any time. Knocking out some basic neck, shoulder, leg and arm stretches not only helps you limber up for your afternoon training session but keeps you focused throughout the day!
- Make someone's day - Tell someone you care by sending a message or an email to let them know you’re thinking about them.
- Log your food - Pre-logging into MFP saves a stack of time and helps to minimize macro tetris when you’re tired at the end of the day.
- Clean and declutter - Pick an area, then pour five minutes of love into that area.
- Research your next vacation - Mykonos, Italy, Australia or Japan...We all need something to look forward to!
- Assess your bank accounts - Keeping your finances at the forefront of your mind helps you to remain mindful of your spending.
- YouTube - Watch a quick video on a topic you are struggling with or want more information on.
- Lend a hand - How can you be of service to others? Who do you know that needs 5 minutes of your time more than you!
By taking a moment to reflect on your goals and dream, think of a few ways you can make five minutes work for you this week!
Join Team WAG
Love what you learned but still want more guidance and support? Hire a 1:1 coach who will get to know you, your lifestyle and your unique needs and create results that you can sustain long-term. If you're not quite ready to go all-in on hiring a coach, check out our Macro Calculation Cheat Sheet & 18 Tracking Tips and Tricks for macro counting!