Creating Habits for Success
When you consistently repeat a task or behavior, it becomes a habit.
Establishing strong habits helps you to rely less on our will power and self-control in times of temptation and stress. Being able to operate on automatic puts you in a better position to succeed and make progress.
One of the simplest and most effective ways to implement and create new habits is to build off of your existing ones. An example of this could be grocery shopping: If you make it a habit to immediately meal prep upon your return while the food is out, this would make the task easier and keep you in the right mindset and flow.
Below is a list of simple habits to adopt to keep you on the path to success:
- Meal Prep - saves time, reduces stress & temptation and makes life (and macro tracking) easier.
- Exercise and Training - has a highly powerful impact on our overall progress, health and happiness.
- Relaxation & Mindfulness - helps to bring awareness and clarity into your every day, by reducing stress and anxiety.
- Prep Logging Our Food - helps to reduce time spent on your phone, reduces any burden of tracking, allows you to work around the foods you've already meal prepped, and to remain more present with your company.
- Saying Thank You - takes little effort but has an incredibly powerful and positive impact on both the giver and receiver.
- Drinking Water - is key to your mood, energy, performance, recovery and overall health. Building solid habits to ensure you remain well hydrated across the day is vital.
Repeated behaviors have the potential to become habits, so it’s important that you monitor your actions to ensure that they stay in line with your goals and aspirations.
Carefully think about what new habits you wish to create, what habits you currently have and how you might be able to combine the two to maximize your success!
Join Team WAG
Love what you learned but still want more guidance and support? Hire a 1:1 coach who will get to know you, your lifestyle and your unique needs and create results that you can sustain long-term. If you're not quite ready to go all-in on hiring a coach, check out our Macro Calculation Cheat Sheet & 18 Tracking Tips and Tricks for macro counting!