Team WAG's 2017 New Year's Resolution
This year, Team WAG is putting a twist on the common New Year’s Resolution. Instead of just 1 goal, we will have 12 — one for each month of 2017. & we hope you choose to join us! Below is our January goal.
Let’s strive to be givers.
Whether lending a helping hand or telling someone they look nice, giving to others doesn’t only help the world around us, but it’s good for us too. Here’s why:
- Feels good - Plain and simple. When we feel needed and make others feel needed our body releases endorphins, which also helps to lower our stress levels, blood pressure and anxiety.
- Fosters a sense of community - Belonging, social connection and understanding give our lives more purpose and fulfillment.
- Cultivates gratitude - When we recognize all that we have and all that we have to give we become aware and thankful for the opportunities, love and people in our lives.
- Positively impacts self-esteem - Knowing that we are making a valuable contribution to the world and the lives of those around us helps us grow confidently into the people we strive to be.
- Teaches us valuable life lessons - Having a giving mindset makes us act on the golden rule: treat others the way you’d like to be treated. This helps us become assets to any team, while successfully building strong and loving relationships.
When we choose to be givers we experience these joys and satisfactions in life, and we enable those around us to do the same.
As Maria Popova from Brain Pickings wrote, “Be generous. Be generous with your time and your resources and with giving credit and, especially, with your words. It’s so much easier to be a critic than a celebrator. Always remember there is a human being on the other end of every exchange and behind every cultural artifact being critiqued. To understand and be understood, those are among life’s greatest gifts, and every interaction is an opportunity to exchange them.”
So, this month, our goal is to be intentional givers.
At the end of each day we want to have a proud answer to the question, “What did I give to the world today?”
You may be surprised at just how much you have to offer, as the list is endless. Below are a few ideas to help you get started:
- Time - It’s perhaps your most precious and valuable resource. Time is a meaningful gift that you know you can never get back. Think of volunteering somewhere like a nursing home or soup kitchen, or just visiting an old friend who you know could use a good laugh or hug.
- Love - Whether it be a simple compliment, a handwritten note or a smile at a stranger, giving and receiving love has an incredibly powerful impact on our lives.
- Knowledge - Good quality and meaningful professional, relationship and friendship advice is invaluable. Value your opinion and all of the skills and lessons you’ve learned and don’t keep them to yourself.
- Possessions & gifts - Donate used items that no longer serve a purpose such as old clothes, kitchen goods and sporting goods. Or give financial aid to causes you believe in and want to support, even if it means making some sacrifices
- Talents - Each of us is an expert in different fields. Someone good at finances may completely lack social skills, and vice versa. Sharing your talents with friends, family and strangers is one way to maximize them and give back to the world.
We hope you join us this month in intentionally practicing the art of giving! We’d love to see your experiences, so please share with #WAGgoals.
In conjunction with our January Monthly Goal of being givers, we will be holding a WAG Charity Clothing Drive. Tons of #TeamWAG members have made significant progress with huge transformations, leaving their closets full of clothes they no longer fit in. What better way to celebrate your success further than by giving to those in need.
The WAG Charity Clothing Drive will be on January 23rd, 2017. We’ll have more details to come soon.
Get a Taste of WAG
The WAG Crash Course is OPEN for enrollment. This 30-day course will teach you the ins and outs of macro tracking, building healthy lifestyle habits and sustaining results without restricting the foods you love. Get personalized macros from a WAG Coach, join the members-only Facebook Group and participate in quarterly Live Q&A sessions with WAG Coaches.