How to Hydrate: Tips and Tricks to Drink More Water
Wondering how to stay hydrated? We've got you covered. Water is an essential ingredient in ensuring your body continues to function properly. Learning how to hydrate is a key to improving performance, mood, energy, and progress.
Each day, your body loses water through the excretion of body fluids like sweat and urine. This has to replaced by the liquids and foods you consume throughout the day.
To perform your best, it is important to pay attention to your intake and remain adequately hydrated throughout the day. Water has many amazing health benefits to offer and it is the most macro-friendly beverage around.
Below are just some of the ways water works for you:
- It helps to regulate body temperature
- Provides the body with important vitamins and minerals
- Aids digestion
- It helps to flush out nasty toxins
- Increases feelings of satiety
- Aids weight loss
- Promotes progress and muscle growth
- Helps to lubricate our joints
- Improves energy, focus and clarity
- Boosts our immune system
- Speeds up our metabolism
- Essential for proper muscle function
Tips and Tricks to increase your water intake:
- Place a flask on your desk to keep this front of mind.
- Make it a part of your routine by filling up your water each time you make a trip to the copier, the washroom, or get up from your desk.
- Always carry a water bottle with you no matter where you go - Handbag, manbag or gym bag!
- Setting reminders on your phone or on your computer!
- Download a water tracking app such as Plant Nanny, Water Logged or My Water Balance
- Drink through a straw
- Add Water Enhancers such as MIO
- Spice it up with refreshing mint, cucumber, lemon or lime - whatever comb tickles your fancy
- Switch up to sparkling water for a change of pace!
- Infuse a jug overnight with refreshing fruits or spices
- Make ice cubes with fruit-flavored water
- Consume fruits and veggies with a higher water content such as watermelon strawberries, lettuce, cucumber, peppers, and eggplant just to name a few!
There many different ways to increase your water intake throughout the day. What are some of yours?
Get a Taste of WAG
The WAG Crash Course is opens for enrollment on January 25th. This 30-day course teaches you the ins and outs of macro tracking, building healthy lifestyle habits and sustaining results without restricting the foods you love. Get personalized macros from a WAG Coach, join the members-only Facebook Group and participate in quarterly Live Q&A sessions with WAG Coaches.