WAG Cooking Show: Environment Overhaul
To increase your chances of successful (and less stressful) dieting, your pantry and overall environment may need a cleanse! Watch as elite CrossFit athletes Christian Lucero and Cody Anderson, join Catalyst Athletics’ coach Aimee Everett, to share temptation-savers and tricks to help you succeed. Below is an overview of their tips.
Tip 1: Invest in good tupperware.
- Glass is a nice, sturdy option that’s microwave and oven friendly, adding an extra level of convenience.
- Plastic tupperware can be reusable, but is also a great option for traveling. Aimee likes bringing shredded rotisserie chicken with them when they’re on the road.
Tip 2: Always have readily available, good protein choices in your refrigerator.
- Some of their favorites:
- Trader Joe’s Grilled Chicken Strips
- Smoked boneless ham steak
- 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- Egg whites
- Greek yogurt
Tip 3: Have a scale handy.
- Be sure your scale is one that you can zero out, it’ll save you so much time and energy in macro-tracking.
Tip 4: Manage your cravings.
- Keep the “treat foods” a little hidden to save you from constant temptations. Out of sight, out of mind.
- Portion out big bags into single-serving Ziplocs.
Tip 5: Have different plate sizes.
- When you don’t have a ton of macros left, grab a smaller plate so you can trick your mind into thinking you’re eating a lot.
- Have a variety of cups and spoons, so you always have the tools to easily measure when a certain food doesn’t have the weight listed.
Tip 6: Eat your carbs, don’t drink your carbs.
- Grab some seltzer water and step away from the coke!
For more tips on creating an environment that sets you up for success, take a look at our Environmental Overhaul Poster in the WAG shop.
Are you making these nutrition mistakes?
Join WAG Founder, Adee Cazayoux, in one of our next webinars to learn the 4 Nutrition Mistakes we see most often and actionable steps to solve them! You’ll leave this webinar knowing how to dispel your dysfunctional beliefs about nutrition, wield the tools you need for better results and transform your life. Plus, if you hang till the end, we have a surprise for you!