WAG Cooking Show: Environment Overhaul
To increase your chances of successful (and less stressful) dieting, your pantry and overall environment may need a cleanse! Watch as elite CrossFit athletes Christian Lucero and Cody Anderson, join Catalyst Athletics’ coach Aimee Everett, to share temptation-savers and tricks to help you succeed. Below is an overview of their tips.
Tip 1: Invest in good tupperware.
- Glass is a nice, sturdy option that’s microwave and oven friendly, adding an extra level of convenience.
- Plastic tupperware can be reusable, but is also a great option for traveling. Aimee likes bringing shredded rotisserie chicken with them when they’re on the road.
Tip 2: Always have readily available, good protein choices in your refrigerator.
- Some of their favorites:
- Trader Joe’s Grilled Chicken Strips
- Smoked boneless ham steak
- 99% fat free ground turkey breast
- Egg whites
- Greek yogurt
Tip 3: Have a scale handy.
- Be sure your scale is one that you can zero out, it’ll save you so much time and energy in macro-tracking.
Tip 4: Manage your cravings.
- Keep the “treat foods” a little hidden to save you from constant temptations. Out of sight, out of mind.
- Portion out big bags into single-serving Ziplocs.
Tip 5: Have different plate sizes.
- When you don’t have a ton of macros left, grab a smaller plate so you can trick your mind into thinking you’re eating a lot.
- Have a variety of cups and spoons, so you always have the tools to easily measure when a certain food doesn’t have the weight listed.
Tip 6: Eat your carbs, don’t drink your carbs.
- Grab some seltzer water and step away from the coke!
For more tips on creating an environment that sets you up for success, take a look at our Environmental Overhaul Poster in the WAG shop.
Get a Taste of WAG
The WAG Crash Course is OPEN for enrollment. This 30-day course will teach you the ins and outs of macro tracking, building healthy lifestyle habits and sustaining results without restricting the foods you love. Get personalized macros from a WAG Coach, join the members-only Facebook Group and participate in quarterly Live Q&A sessions with WAG Coaches.