- Graham cracker crust:
- 48 grams melted butter
- 8 packets of Splenda
- 93 grams of Graham cracker (crushed in fine pieces)
- 15 grams semi-sweet baking chocolate (crumbled)
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 90 grams self rising flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 62 grams chocolate protein
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 whole eggs
- 46 grams of egg white
- 14 grams butter
- 10 grams honey
- 10 packets of Splenda
- 75 grams non-fat Greek yogurt
Today's recipe is to satisfy those with a bit of a sweet tooth. #TeamWAG member Dusty, AKA The Flexible Baker and the creator of Dusty’s Calculated Madness has come up with a S'mores Muffin recipe that is not only macro friendly but delicious and filling. Check it out, and let us know what you think!
Try this recipe out when you’re looking for a macro friendly snack or dessert that won’t break the bank on fat or carbohydrates but will still leave you satisfied and feeling like it’s summer around the bonfire.
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a bowl combine melted butter, Splenda packets and Graham cracker crumbs and mix until well combined.
- Line muffin tin with muffin or cupcake liners and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place an equal amount of the Graham cracker crust into the 9 muffin liners and press the crust firmly into the bottom of the liner.
- In a bowl combine the semi-sweet baking chocolate, cocoa powder, and warm water and mix until well combined, then set this aside.
- In another bowl combine the self-rising flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate protein and mix until well combined, then set this aside.
- In another bowl combine the vanilla, eggs, egg white, butter, honey, Splenda, and Greek yogurt and mis until well combined.
- Take the chocolate and cocoa mixture and combine that with your egg mixture until well incorporated.
- Add your dry mixture to your now mixed chocolate and egg mixture until well incorporated.
- Distribute the filling mixture evenly into the 9 muffin linings.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until they are done; you can check this by inserting a toothpick into the middle of one muffin and if it is clean when it comes out, then it is fully baked.
- Remove from the oven and set aside on a cooling rack.
- Using a cookie sheet coated with non-stick spray, place 9 marshmallows on the sheet and place them under the broiler of the oven until golden brown in color. Top each muffin with one marshmallow.