- 16 oz / 450 g lean turkey or chicken sausage (this recipe uses Jennie-O Lean Turkey Sausage)
- 21 oz / 600 g liquid egg whites
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: vegetables of choice (macros not included in this recipe)
These low-carb and low-fat egg white muffins are the perfect pairing to create a high-protein breakfast. They are easy to prep and use throughout the week. Pop them on your favorite bread for a breakfast sandwich or pair them with this delicious french toast recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 385 F.
- Heat a skillet on the stove top to medium/high heat. Lightly spray with PAM or oil spray.* If you use a non-stick pan you can use no spray.
- Add sausage and “chop” up using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Stir until cooked through. Remove from heat and drain excess fat.
- Prepare a 12-muffin tray by either lining with baking paper or spraying lightly with PAM or oil spray* and evenly divide the cooked sausage into the muffin pans.
- Pour the liquid egg whites evenly into the muffin pans. About 50 grams each. Top with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Use a knife to gently remove the muffins.
Tip: If you love spices and extra flavor (who doesn’t!), add your favorite spices and herbs. Some basil or chili powder will go a long way. Get creative with extra vegetables like baby spinach, mushrooms or bell peppers too. They will only add between 3-6 grams of carbs.
*The macros for this recipe do not include oil. If you choose to use oil, ensure you track the fats this adds! Spray will typically add only about 1-2 grams.