- 18 g / half a serving of chocolate casein protein powder. (Many brands will clump, so choose wisely.)
- 1 cup water
- Sweetener/sugar substitute (optional but recommended)
Try this hot chocolate filled with casein protein for a deep, restful sleep. Perfect for recovery!
- Fill a microwave safe mug halfway with water and add your desired amount of protein powder. This recipe works best with half a serving (about 18 g).
- Add sweetener and stir until protein and water are combined. Fill the mug with water the rest of the way.
- Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until hot. It may take 60 to 90 seconds. You can also use a stovetop on low heat for 1-2 minutes.