- 500 g tomato paste
- 120 g apple cider vinegar
- 30 g Worcestershire sauce
- 15 g [liquid smoke](https://amzn.to/2WRRVPe) (don’t skip this!)
- 8 g Splenda (or sweetener of choice)
- 4 g smoked sweet paprika
- 4 g ground cumin
- 4 g garlic powder
- 4 g onion powder
- 2 g cayenne pepper
- 2 g chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- 230 g water
This low-carb bbq sauce is a sweet and spicy way to bring dishes to life without consuming too many of your daily carbs. If you're keeping it keto, this is a perfect option for you too!
- In a medium saucepan combine all ingredients except the water. Stir together over medium heat, gradually adding water, about a 1/4 cup at a time, while whisking.
- Once the water is added, allow to simmer until mixture reaches preferred consistency (if you prefer a looser sauce, increase water by another 80 g).
- Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container, such as a mason jar, for up to one week.
If you’re following the keto diet or trying to lessen your carb intake, working with a WAG one-on-one nutrition coach can help you stay on track with your goals! Learn more.