- 1 whole wheat pita (The macros were calculated using Olafson's brand)
- 55 g light ricotta cheese
- 60 g blueberries
- 1/4 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 2-3 tsp fresh thyme
- Zest from 1/4 of a lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small, nonstick baking pan or cake pan, combine blueberries, olive oil, maple syrup, thyme and sea salt. Toss until all of the blueberries are lightly coated.
- Roast blueberries in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to pop and juices begin to run out.
- Toast the pita however you like. Pro tip: You can place it directly on an oven rack while the blueberries are roasting.
- Spread the ricotta evenly across the toasted pita and top with the roasted blueberries. Garnish with more fresh thyme and a sprinkle of lemon zest.