3 (serving size = 363 g)
- 3 ears of corn (425 g kernels), charred on the grill if desired
- 3 limes—zest one and juice all three*
- 45 g scallions (3 stalks)
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 330g cooked chicken breast (3 breasts), cubed
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped if needed
- Mint leaves to taste, chopped
- Salt & pepper
Summertime calls for easy recipes that can be eaten straight from the fridge. This simple corn salad with basil, mint, & chicken uses store-bought or pre-cooked chicken breasts, seasonal corn, and tons of fresh herbs. Feel free to mix it up by swapping out the protein (shrimp would be fabulous!) or adding extra veggies!
- First, prepare the corn. If you’d like to char it, shuck the husk and cook the corn over a hot grill until the kernels turn dark and blister. Alternatively, you can leave the corn raw (or do a combination of both!) Remove the corn kernels from the cobb with a sharp knife. Weigh the kernels and add them to a bowl along with the rest of the ingredients. Toss everything together, add salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!
To get more juice from your limes, put them in the microwave for 15 seconds before juicing.