- 70 g mushrooms, chopped
- 8 g spring onions, sliced
- 1 egg (optional, leave out for low-fat version)
- 80 g egg whites
- 14 g (2 sprinkles) shredded cheese
- Garlic powder and salt
- 30 g light sour cream (this recipe uses Lucerne brand)
Sour cream and onion is my favorite flavor combo. But when I started learning more about the food I was eating, I discovered that my beloved sour cream and onion chips were not doing me any favors.
This omelet recipe curbs my cravings by 110% and is a great low-carb, high-protein, and moderate-fat breakfast. For an even lower fat option, use only egg whites and leave out the cheese or swap it for low-fat cheese, mozzarella, provolone, or laughing cow cream cheese! A couple of simple ingredients can change your average, everyday omelet into something super unique, and flavorful. Serving suggestion: English muffin, toast, or pan/roasted potatoes!
- Heat a nonstick pan on high and start cooking the mushrooms.
- While mushrooms cook, whisk the egg and egg whites together.
- If your pan needs it, add a tiny spray of oil, wait 10 seconds, and add your egg mix.
- Sprinkle chopped spring onions, cheese, garlic powder, and salt to taste on top. Cover for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add to your plate. Dollop sour cream around your omelet..