1/4 of recipe
- 400 g ahi tuna
- 200 g pineapple, medium dice
- 100 g red onion, small dice
- 50 g jalapeño, small dice
- 10 g cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
Get a jump start on summer with this tropical recipe, slam packed with protein and flavor.
- Heat a non-stick pan over high heat, lightly coat with cooking spray. Season tuna with salt and sear on on all sides. Reduce heat to medium and cook until preferred doneness. Set aside and let rest.
- Dice pineapple into ¼-inch chunks and dice red onion into ⅛-inch pieces. Remove the seeds from jalapeños and dice in to ⅛-inch pieces. If you don't like spice, skip the jalapeños!
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, onion and jalapeño and cover with lime juice. Gently stir in cilantro before serving, salt to taste.
- Slice tuna into ½-inch pieces and serve with 1/4 of the salsa.
The lime juice and pineapple juice also doubles as a salad dressing (eat your greens!).
Throw the pineapple on the grill for some added flavor.