- 80g Egg Whites
- 60g Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 120g Grated Zucchini
- 60g Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 3g Ground Flaxseed
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
If you love oatmeal, but can’t always afford to shell out the carbs, this recipe is for you. Warm, filling and just as versatile as regular oatmeal, this bowl of zucchini ‘oats’ will definitely hit the spot. Makes 1 serving. 3 Fiber Notes It is not critical to remove all moisture from zucchini, but if you want a thicker ‘oatmeal’ the less moisture the better. Add any ingredients or toppings you want to meet your macros - more cinnamon, PB2, chocolate chips, raisins.
- Heat a sauce pan over medium-low heat
- After grating and weighing the zucchini, press as much liquid out as you can
- Add egg whites, milk and flaxseed, stirring constantly until it starts to thicken. Do not let the eggs scramble – stirring is a must.
- Once thickened, reduce the heat to low and add applesauce, zucchini and cinnamon and stir.
- Allow the mixture to thicken to the consistency you prefer, stirring occasionally.
- Place in a bowl and top with any desired toppings!