6 (serving size = 95 g)
- 454 g (1 lb) 99% lean ground turkey breast
- 15 g light mayonnaise
- 50 g red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 113 g (4 oz can) chopped green chiles
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Made with lean ground turkey breast, spicy green chiles and smoky paprika, these green chile turkey burgers are simple to prepare and perfect for meal prep.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to work the mixture together. Weigh the entire mixture and divide it into six equal portions, then form the burgers into patties 3/4-inch thick.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, give it a spritz of cooking spray. Add the burgers, in batches if necessary, and cook for 5 minutes per side or until the burgers are cooked through.
- Serve on buns, plain or with a creamy chipotle mayo
Not sure how to zest a lime? It’s easy! Simply grab a grater (a Microplane is our favorite) and run it across the outside of your lime to remove only the green part of the skin.
Don’t have a grater? No problem. Just use a vegetable peeler to peel off strips of lime zest, then finely chop it with a knife.