Whether you’re vegan, keto* or just looking for the perfect macro-friendly side for a barbecue, our creamy avocado slaw gives you all the crunch and flavor of typical coleslaw without all the fat (and gloppy mayonnaise mess). The best part? Thanks to lots of fresh lime juice, you don’t have to worry about the avocado browning. This slaw will stay fresh and bright in the fridge all week long.
For a complete meal, try this with our Instant Pot Pulled Cranberry Pork or Foolproof Fish Tacos.
6 (serving size = 60 g)
- 255 g coleslaw mix, like Trader Joe’s Shredded Green & Red Cabbage with Orange Carrots
- 20 g red onion, very thinly sliced
- 85 g ripe avocado (about 1/2 of a standard avocado)
- 40 g lime juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 g (1 tsp) maple syrup*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Combine the coleslaw mix and red onions in a bowl. In a small food processor, blender or NutriBullet, blend the avocado, lime juice, apple cider vinegar and maple syrup until smooth. Pour the avocado mixture over the coleslaw, add a little salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to five days.