Join Molly Vollmer, CrossFit Games athlete, and Dani Sheriff from Team WAG, as they show you how to make this sweet and spicy, coconut chicken. It’s low in carbs and fat and high in protein, making it a super versatile dish. Enjoy alone, over rice or with riced cauliflower for a lower carb option!
- 850 g chicken breast
- 250 g pineapple chunks
- 50 g pineapple juice
- 100 g onion
- 25 g minced garlic
- 25 g chili pepper
- 150 g Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 15 g shredded coconut meat
- 5 g fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle of garlic powder
- Sprinkle of onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh lime to taste
- Chop chicken into 2-3 inch chunks, season lightly with garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Sauté finely chopped onion and garlic in the pan until they caramelize. Add the chicken and brown in the pan over high heat, long enough to give the meat color but not fully cooked through. You may need to do this in batches.
- Transfer chicken, onion and garlic into a large pot, then add pineapple chunks, pineapple juice and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook for about 30 minutes on low heat, covered.
- While the pot simmers, slice chilis lengthwise and remove the seeds, finely chop! Finely chop the cilantro, including the stems.
- After 30 minutes, add in chilis, cilantro and coconut meat. Allow to cook together until the chicken is tender and the bulk of the liquid is absorbed- but not all! We want to keep a little juice for the chicken to absorb as it cools.
- Get creative and add your favorite macro-friendly base: rice, cauliflower, zucchini noodle, etc.!