- 16 oz 93% lean ground turkey or beef
- 40 g onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 46 g liquid egg whites (1 large egg worth)
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- 4 large lettuce leaves for lettuce wrap
- 2 thin slices (28 g each) cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of tomato (40 g each)
- Condiments of choice: mustard, pickles, ketchup, etc.
This macro-friendly burger recipe is one of our favorites! If you’re looking for a low-carb meal that feels like a delicious indulgence, look no further. Pairs great with the mandarin and almond salad, or your favorite macro-friendly bun if you need extra carbs.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground turkey, onion, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, liquid egg whites and breadcrumbs. Use your hands to combine.
- Separate the mixture into 4 large patties. Roll them into balls and press into the shape of burger patties.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add the burgers.
- After 5 minutes, flip the burger and add a slice of cheese to the cooked side. Cook for another 5 minutes or until you know the burgers are cooked thoroughly.
- Prepare your plate with lettuce wraps, tomato slices and condiments. Enjoy!
- Want extra carbs? Use your favorite macro-friendly bun instead!
What is your favorite macro-friendly burger recipe?