4 (serving size = 100 g)
- 140g green lentils, cooked according to package directions OR one package of pre-cooked lentils warmed in the microwave
- 275g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 7g olive oil
- 15g balsamic vinegar
- 20g red onion, thinly sliced
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- 40g garlic & herb Boursin cheese*
- ¼ c parsley, chopped
- Salt & pepper
Green lentils are a nutritional powerhouse with 18 grams of protein and a whopping 15 grams of fiber per serving (1 cup, cooked.) But many people think lentils can be a little bland, which makes them difficult to look forward to eating. The solution? Mix-ins, like sweet roasted cherry tomatoes and herby Boursin cheese.
Found in most grocery stores, Boursin cheese is a soft, spreadable, and versatile dairy revelation with tons of flavor. It pairs perfectly with lentils, creating a craveable, comforting dish that will help you hit your fiber and protein goals.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the cherry tomatoes with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast until bursting and shriveled, about 20-25 minutes. Set a timer to make sure you don’t overcook the tomatoes, otherwise the balsamic vinegar will burn!
- Thinly slice the red onion and place it in a bowl along with a splash of red wine vinegar and a little salt. Let the onions soften while the tomatoes roast.
- Meanwhile, cook the lentils according to package directions.
- When the lentils are cooked (or warmed in the microwave, if using pre-cooked lentils) and the tomatoes are roasted, combine them in a large bowl along with the Boursin cheese. Add the pickled onions, chopped parsley, and salt & pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Can’t find any Boursin cheese? Try herbed, soft goat cheese or cream cheese. Just don’t forget to adjust your macros!