1 (2 slices of french toast with egg whites!)
- Cooking spray
- 100 g liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 slices Dave’s Killer Raisin Bread (or your favorite macro-friendly bread!)
- Cinnamon powder
- Lite syrup
- Optional: berries, PB2 or other topping of choice!
Breakfast in bed is a Mother’s Day dream! Give these French toast and egg white muffin recipes a try to make that dream come true. Join Catalyst Athletics coach Aimee Everett and her daughter, Jade Everett, as they show you how to whip up this delicious and macro-friendly breakfast. Make sure to cook plenty, because these are also great recipes for your weekly meal prep!
- Pour egg whites into a bowl and mix in cinnamon and vanilla. Dip your bread slices in, covering both sides and giving them a few seconds to soak up lots of egg whites.
- Heat a pan on medium heat and give the pan a light grease with cooking spray.
- Once hot, place your slices of bread into the pan. You want to hear them sizzle a little! Then add the rest of your egg whites to the pan, submerging the bread.
- Use a spatula to scramble up the egg whites while you wait for the first side of your french toast to cook. After about 2 minutes, flip the bread.
- After another 2 minutes, remove from the pan and plate up your french toast and eggs. Add your extra toppings and serve!
Click here for the step-by-step recipe for the egg white muffins.