- 85 g precooked beets, drained (like Whole Foods Organic Mild Vinegar Beets)
- 200 g plain skyr or 0% Greek yogurt (the macros for this recipe were calculated using Siggi’s plain skyr)
- 1 small chili pepper, like a fresno, jalapeno or shishito
- 1 scallion + 1/4 scallion thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 tsp dark molasses
- 1/2 tsp sumac*
- 1 tsp Everything but the Bagel Seasoning*
- 15 g smoked almonds, chopped
Even though sweet yogurt bowls get all the attention, protein-packed skyr and Greek yogurt are the perfect savory base. With sweet, fiber-packed precooked beets, smoky almonds and tangy yogurt, this gorgeous bowl can be eaten with a spoon, used as a veggie dip or kept in the fridge for an easy salad dressing.
- Combine the beets, yogurt, chili pepper, scallion, molasses, sumac and seasoning in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Garnish with sliced scallions, smoked almonds and a sprinkle of sumac and seasoning.
Can’t find sumac or Everything but the Bagel Seasoning? No worries! Though there’s no true replacement for sumac, a Middle Eastern spice with a lovely sour flavor, a little lemon zest and black pepper can make for a decent substitute. As for the Everything but the Bagel Seasoning, you can make your own with equal parts sesame seeds, dried minced onion, dried minced garlic, poppy seeds, and sea salt flakes. Enjoying the content? Get even more great content when you join Team WAG!