- 4 oz / 113 g grilled chicken breast
- 300 g (3/4 packet) cooked quinoa
- 200 g canned beetroot, no salt or sugar added
- 60 g fat-free crumbled feta
- 25 g baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Squeeze of lemon
This recipe takes two of my favorite ingredients to create a super delicious salad for multiple meals a week.
For some other variations, use brown rice instead of quinoa and salmon fillet instead of chicken.
- In a medium size container, empty 3/4 of the contents of your quinoa. Break up the quinoa so there are no clumps. You can use all the quinoa if you like but I like to save some for other meals! Add beetroot, feta, spinach and salt and pepper. Thoroughly mix.
- Top with chicken and serve cold! Add lemon juice or your favorite salad dressing to add fats if you need some.
For the salad
8 g Protein, 19 g Carbs, 1 g Fat
29% Protein, 68% Carbs, 4% Fat
For the chicken
33 g Protein, 0 Carbs, 4 g Fat
80% Protein, 0% Carbs, 20% Fat
What are some of your easy, go-to salad combinations?