12 (serving size = 1 cupcake)
- 3 eggs whisked
- 2 tbsp stevia powder
- 2–3 carrots (200 g) shredded or finely chopped
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash of salt
- 8 oz cream cheese - for frosting
- 2 tsp stevia (optional) - for frosting
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional) - for frosting
Indulge in your sweet tooth AND up your fiber game with these low-carb carrot cupcakes featuring a rich cream cheese frosting. Shredded carrots and shredded coconut provide plenty of fiber to keep you full, and the flavors of cinnamon, vanilla, and stevia satisfy your craving!
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Mix all the cupcake ingredients together in a large bowl except the carrots.
- Add all cupcake ingredients into a food processor or high-powered blender and now add shredded carrots. Pulse/puree until a smooth consistency (slight orange color).
- Pour into cupcake pan (use paper liners; makes approximately 12 cupcakes) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up the cream cheese until it is easily stirred and mix in stevia and vanilla extract if desired.
- Allow cupcakes to cool after baking, then spread cream cheese “icing” and garnish with walnuts and carrot shreds.
This guide is jam-packed with everything you need to know about nutrition.
From tracking macros to meal ideas.