For many of us, hitting our fiber is one of the hardest parts of tracking macros. Pancakes to the rescue! Each of these fluffy yet hearty banana-oat pancakes boasts a whopping 2.5 grams of fiber to get your day started on the right track. Top ’em with PB2 for an added protein boost!
- 150 g steel-cut oats
- 120 g unsweetened almond milk
- 90 g ripe or thawed banana
- 50 g liquid egg whites
- 8 g pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blitz until all ingredients are incorporated. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spray a nonstick pan with a little nonstick spray and heat the pan over medium heat. When the pancake batter is ready, pour 50 g servings into the pan. Pancakes will be about 3.5 inches across. Flip pancakes when brown on the bottom and bubbled on the edges.