Lean out, keep my competitive edge in the gym and always looking to learn new things when it comes to my health and nutrition.
Eating clean and working out have always been a part of my life. Im a crossfit junkie, competitive mentality, former personal trainer, and now an assistant store manager at lululemon, a company who encourages healthy living, goal setting and sweaty pursuits. I'm not going to sit here and tell you I thought I was overweight or even needed to lose weight, that was not the case. I was truly looking for something to focus on and hopefully motivate me. There comes a point when you need the help or accountability from an outside source. A friend of mine started WAG almost a year ago and she was one of your testimonial clients. After seeing her progress pushed me to believe I could try this out and if anything learn a few tricks here and there. Not thinking I was ever going to inspire anyone else..Something inside me was telling me I needed this, I deserved this, I probably shouldn't be spending money on this but I didn't care. It wasn't about the "i want to look hot," it was more about proving to myself I was worth it and could make a change. By the way it is worth every cent!
Looking back I am so thankful I started this program. I have tried many other programs and WAG is like nothing else. I began this journey in August; since then I have had some big ups and downs in my own personal life. When all else around me was falling apart or not stable I put focus on ME. My nutrition was something I could control, Depressed could be a term for what I was experiencing but being vulnerable with my coach and trusting in his guidance has pulled me out of my shell and given me the confidence to not only reach my goals but to crush them. I have learned so much from Crosby, I am definitely a client who likes to learn new things and the why behind them. My crossfit game has not suffered one bit, only getting better and my energy through out the day has only improved.
Big eye openers for me:
- you can think you are eating healthy until you start tracking every little thing you put in your mouth. awareness is key.
- tracking is not hard, that is only an excuse people use
- nutrition and your health needs to be a priority; create time for meal prepping, always being prepared is key.
- None of my clothes fit anymore and I am actually happy about that:)
- so what if others judge or make fun of me with my food scale at work, guarantee they soon will be the ones asking for advice.
- having that accountability is huge, thank you Crosby!!
- It's a mindset, know it will be tough, but know you have support and it will be so freaking worth it once you look in the mirror and see that 6-pack coming on:)
- and lastly, TRUST your coach, be completely transparent with them no matter what.
This program is about living your best life possible. Yes i have days that I don't do so well, I am human, but I don't let those days define me, I own it, learn from it and move on. Can't wait to see what more I have ahead of me in this journey. Thank you WAG and coach Crosby!!!!