- 1 Scoop Whey Protein
- 7g Coconut Flour
- 45g Egg Whites
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Package 0 calorie sweetener (optional!)
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp water (approximate, depends on protein used)
This protein waffle recipe can be customized based on what flavors of protein, topping and macros you have. Play around with different variations – different combinations can take it from a tasty way to start the day to a sweet treat to finish off your day of eating. Below is the basic recipe:
- Heat up your waffle iron, and grease as needed. We prefer to use calorie free cooking spray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir in vanilla extract and egg whites.
- Slowly add in water, stirring well between additions. Consistency should be similar to a slightly runny cake batter.
- Allow batter to rest and thicken for a few minutes.
- Scoop about 2-3Tbsp of mixture in to the centre of waffle iron.
- Be mindful not to put too much or IT WILL OVERFLOW! Adjust based on size of waffle iron.
- These waffles cook faster than normal waffles. Check every 45 seconds or so.
- Top with whatever you want!