- 1 Package of NuPasta Fettuccini - http://www.nupasta.com/
- 6.5 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 63 grams of egg whites
- 85 grams of broccoli slaw
- 30g of white onion
- 20g of cilantro (finely chopped)
- Optional: peanuts (Did not use, and does not apply to the macro calculation)
Anyone that knows me, knows I’m not much for cooking. I fall into the category of people that “make food”– as in, I bake a chicken breast, boil potatoes, microwave vegetables.
While this is what works for me, every now and then I get the urge to be a little creative with my food, and recently decided to take a stab at making “macro-friendly” Pad Thai. I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out, but I was so pleased with my inventiveness, I just had to share it for the blog.
I used this recipe as the basis for my meal, but made some substitutions along the way, which made it a bit more agreeable to my numbers.
The final recipe came out to 4f/34c/59p for the entire bowl. The recipe says “serves 4”, but I ate the entire thing!
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken in a large wok or pan over medium heat, stirring until cooked through, transfer chicken to a bowel and set aside.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients and set aside
- Pour egg whites into preheated pan (where you cooked the chicken) and allow to fry for about a minute, then break it up with a spoon and add the onion and broccoli slaw.
- Add chicken and sauce.
- Cook NuPasta per instructions (drain and rinse) and add into pan. Toss to coat the noodles in the sauce.
- Stir in cilantro and garnish with peanuts if desired.