4 (serving size = 6 oz salmon)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- Dash cinnamon
Salmon is a staple in healthy eating. But, as with any staple in our diet, it can get a little monotonous despite being so naturally delicious. Mix things up with Dijon or brown mustard and then liberally coat with this unique spice blend. A sizzling hot sear on both sides adds even more intense flavor to this dish!
- Combine rub ingredients.
- Coat each salmon fillet with brown mustard.
- Season each fillet with rub on both sides.
- Heat avocado oil over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon to sauté pan and sear on each side for 2 minutes. Reduce heat and cook for an additional 3–5 minutes or until fish is cooked through to your liking.
This guide is jam-packed with everything you need to know about nutrition.
From tracking macros to meal ideas.