- 2 cups ice
- 8oz 2% milk (alternative milks work)
- 65g pumpkin puree
- 34g vanilla protein powder
- 14g maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 stick (4g) instant coffee or espresso powder
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- 12g whip cream
I get a lot of requests for how to make fancy coffee drinks fit into macros, and a common question for macro trackers is, “How can I get more protein?” This copycat recipe combines both those needs into one fun seasonal drink that can be used as a pre-workout, breakfast, or snack.
When I originally made this, I used Podium’s Coffee Ice Cream whey protein powder, but vanilla protein powder mixed with traditional instant coffee or espresso gets the job done. Add whipped cream for fun and a little more sweetness.
- Add ice to the bottom of the blender
- Add all your other ingredients on top
- Blend on high until smooth
- Add to a glass and top with whip cream and additional pumpkin pie spice