- 40g rolled oats
- 12g collagen protein
- 5g chia seeds
- 6g finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp coconut extract (optional, but adds more of that coconut cream pie flavor!)
- 4g honey
- 4oz unsweetened coconut milk
- 2oz plain full fat greek yogurt
When I was growing up, coconut cream pie was my favorite dessert. I remember making it a few times and especially love the one at Tom Douglas’s restaurant in Seattle, Dahlia Bakery.
While this is definitely not pie, it does have some of those coconut cream pie nuances I enjoy and is a fun twist on this breakfast staple I use often - overnight oats.
The oats, chia and coconut add a nice dose of healthy fiber.
Make up 4-5 of these for meal prep and store in your fridge for the week! My favorite toppings for this are sliced banana, toasted coconut flakes and sliced almonds.
- Mix all the dry ingredients into a pint sized mason jar and stir
- Add in the wet ingredients and stir again
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight
- Top with almonds, banana or toasted coconut flakes for more real pie flavor!