18 (about 28g each)
- 242g creamy almond butter (make sure it is drippy so it binds well!)
- 145g maple syrup
- 40g cacao powder
- 1 egg (55g)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 75g dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life/allergen free)
- 12g peppermint candies or candy canes for topping
If you like soft chocolatey cookies with a peppermint crunch, these might be your new go-to for holiday parties and gift-giving!
They remind me of a minty hot cocoa drink but in cookie form! Finding macro-friendly holiday treats isn’t easy, so I opted to make these 3 bite cookies gluten-free, dairy-free, and sweetened with maple syrup. I used Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips, which are allergen free, but you can use whatever you have on hand. If seeing these delicious and festive cookies isn’t enticing enough, you’ll also be happy to know everything mixes up in one bowl, which means less mess to clean up afterward!
- Heat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips and peppermint candies using a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1.5” cookie scoop or tablespoon, place cookies roughly 2” apart on the cookie sheet and press down gently on the tops to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, take your peppermint candies and put them in a plastic bag and crush them with the back of a wooden spoon.
- When cookies come out of the oven sprinkle the peppermint on top and they will melt a bit to adhere. This makes the cookie crunchy on top!
- Let them cool completely before moving them.