- FOR THE CHICKEN
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (~25oz), cut in half lengthwise, tenderloins separated.
- 4 cups cornflakes (160g)**
- 56g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS hot sauce (30g)
- 2-3g Coconut or olive oil spray
- *make sure you get gluten free cornflakes if you want this recipe to be GF. Kellog’s are not gluten free but a few others like Nature’s Path are!
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 105g honey
- 1 TBS hot sauce (15g)
- ⅕ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
**Carb macros include 10g hot honey sauce. If you skip the sauce, there are 29C per serving.
Get ready for this healthy crispy cornflake chicken with hot honey sauce—it’s about to be your new favorite way to eat chicken!
The cornflake crust and hot honey sauce really give you that ideal mix of sweet, savory, salty, and crunchy. It’s naturally gluten-free, high in protein, and so easy to make in the air fryer. My favorite way to serve this chicken is with a side of mashed potatoes and veggies or on top of waffles for breakfast!!
- Add cornflakes, parmesan, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and sea salt to a food processor or high powered blender. Mix/pulse a few seconds at a time to break everything down into a fine crumb. If using a high powered blender make sure to push the damper down pretty hard and shake the container every 10-15 seconds to get everything to mix well. Once done, add to a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs and the hot sauce in a separate bowl big enough to fit and coat the chicken breasts.
- Dredge the chicken breasts through the egg mixture, then into the cornflake mixture, coating both sides. For a thicker coating (highly recommend) dip the chicken back into the egg mixture and coating for a second time.
- Lay chicken onto a cookie sheet while you prepare the rest.
- Spray all the chicken on top lightly with coconut oil (~2-3 g total)
- Set your air fryer for 375 degrees and preheat.
- Once ready, add chicken and do it in two batches so nothing is stacked on top of each other. Cook each batch for 15-20 minutes. Check internal temp at 15 minutes in case your chicken breasts are on the smaller side. It should be 165 degrees when they are done.
- Pull from air fryer when done and set on a cooling rack while you cook the second batch.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the hot honey sauce by adding all the ingredients to a sauce pan on low heat. Stir as needed to incorporate.
- Serve the chicken with a drizzle of the hot honey over the top and a sprinkle of thyme, parsley or cilantro. I like serving it with mashed potatoes and a side of veggies or on top of waffles for breakfast!
- You can store the extra chicken in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat and get crispy again, air fry at 375 degrees for 4-5 minutes. Hot honey can be placed in a microwave safe bowl to refrigerate and reheat easily.
- NOTE: If you do not have an air fryer you can cook this on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper at 425 degrees for 25 minutes.