3 (serving size = 125 g)
- 8 oz lump crab meat, drained (or sub imitation crab)
- 60g light cream cheese
- 30g 2% greek yogurt
- The juice of ½ a lemon
- 25g red pepper, diced into ¼” cubes
- 15g red onion, diced into ¼” cubes
- ½ a garlic clove, grated
- 1-2 tsp harissa paste
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
Looking for a low fat, low carb, high-protein snack? Head to your fish counter and give our Spicy Harissa Crab Dip a go! We kicked up the usual cold crab dip by adding a generous spoonful of harissa, a Tunisian roasted red chili paste that’s packed with garlic, spices, and herbs. A game-changer of a condiment, harissa is typically found in cans or tubes in the international foods section of your grocery store. If you can’t find it, no worries. A dash of sriracha will work too!
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, greek yogurt, and lemon juice until smooth. (A whisk or electric mixer is fastest and easiest, but a spoon will work too.)
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve with celery sticks, sliced peppers, or crackers.