7 (serving size = 125 g)
- 1 package of precooked polenta (the macros for this recipe were calculated using a 680 g tube of prepared polenta)
- 165 g grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed with a garlic press
- 20 g red onion, diced
- 60 g part-skim mozzarella cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp – 1 tsp sea salt
- Fresh basil leaves, to garnish
Lots of garlic, sweet tomatoes, gooey mozzarella and fresh basil atop creamy polenta creates this easy, filling side dish.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, minced garlic, red onion, mozzarella, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Slice the prepared polenta into seven rounds and arrange on a nonstick or foil-lined baking pan. Top each round with the tomato and cheese mixture, and bake in the oven until the cheese is bubbly and tomatoes begin to shrivel (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil before serving.
This guide is jam-packed with everything you need to know about nutrition.
From tracking macros to meal ideas.