- 2.5 pounds of boneless pork loin, fat removed (can sub pork shoulder, pork butt, brisket or chicken - macros will change)
- 56g honey
- 4 TBS chili powder
- 2 TBS smoked paprika
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, diced (about 18g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 12oz chicken stock or broth
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp coconut aminos (can sub worchestershire if not gluten free)
- 28oz can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 14oz can pumpkin puree (or 400g diced fresh sugar pumpkin)
- 14oz can black beans, drained
It’s football season AND it is pumpkin season! I took the best things about the beginning of Fall and created a simple game day chili fusing lean protein, smoky chipotle and sweet pumpkin.
It’s a comfort food trifecta!
I went with pork loin because it was a leaner option that was still shredable. You can swap for pork shoulder, pork butt, chicken breasts or even beef brisket. This is basically a “dump” recipe which means less time prepping and cooking and more time living your life (or watching Sunday football).
This recipe makes 6 very generous servings with 49g of protein each! If you aren’t sharing, go ahead and freeze some leftover servings for your meal prep.
- Add your meat to the bottom of the crockpot.
- Drizzle honey on top, followed by all the spices up through the bay leaves.
- Add the chicken stock, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos, tomatoes, tomato paste, pumpkin and black beans and stir to mix.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves if you can find them!
- Remove the meat and shred with a fork.
- Return to the crockpot and stir into the mix to combine.
- If for some reason your chili seems to thick you can add more chicken stock at this time.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream or greek yogurt, cilantro and pepitas for a little crunch.