Slow cooked beef is a family favorite thanks to its timeless comfort food flavor and tender meat. Whether you need a healthy meal to feed your family or prep protein for the week, this recipe is a winner.
- 500g Beef sirloin, edge fat trimmed
- 150g Carrots
- 175g Celery
- 200g Onion
- 400g Potato
- 10g Garlic, minced
- 80g Red cooking wine
- 10g Olive oil
- Beef Broth, enough to cover ingredients
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 1 Bay leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the carrots and celery into rough chunks approximately 4 cm by 2 cm
- Chop the potato and onions into a large dice, about 3 cm by 3 cm
- In a heavy pan, heat the olive oil until it's sizzling hot. Sear each side of the beef until it has a deep brown color.
- Remove the beef, pour in red wine and scrape off the bottom of the pan. This will go in the crockpot!
- Add everything except salt and pepper to the slow cooker, add enough broth to cover ingredients by 1 inch
- Cook on low for 8 hours, until beef can be easily flaked with a fork.
- Remove the beef and shred with two forks, combine the shredded meat with the veggies and stock to allow the flavors to absorb. Season to taste.