10 (36g each)
- 85g peanut butter
- 56g honey
- 100g rolled oats
- 40g vanilla or plain whey protein powder
- 25g chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 40g mini chocolate chips
- 3 TBS water
If you have a sweet tooth or find yourself needing an easy on-the-go snack to keep your energy up, these peanut butter chocolate chip energy bites are for you.
Packed with nutrients, these bites have a great ratio of protein, carbs, fat, and fiber. If you ever find yourself in a bind with finishing out macros or need something as you are running out of the house, they are perfect for that! If chia seeds aren’t your thing you can swap out for the same amount of flax seeds or flax meal.
- Add the peanut butter and honey and stir to combine.
- Add the all of the other ingredients and stir. You may have to use your hands to bind everything together. You can spray some oil on your hands so the mixture doesn’t stick as much.
- Refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes in saran wrap. This helps everything stick together better for rolling later.
- Weigh your mixture and divide by 10 so you know how much each ball should weigh. I got 36g each in this recipe but yours might vary a bit.
- Grab the proper amount of mixture and roll into a ball with your hands. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Store the energy bites in a container in the fridge for up to a week. I like to store mine in the freezer and grab 1-2 as needed.