Why Goal Setting Sucks and How to Fix It
We’re more than halfway through 2019, but have you made progress toward achieving your goals? We all know that goal setting can be difficult, and in this episode, Michael and Adee explain why we struggle so much in this area. They break down four common reasons why people fail at goal setting and four practical steps for setting goals that actually work. Adee also shares a big goal she set for herself and explains how she’s taking steps to reach it.
- 01:23 – Adee’s long-term goal
- 06:43 – Why goal setting sucks
- 07:05 – Setting outcome goals only
- 08:54 – Not revisiting your goals
- 10:06 – Setting too many goals
- 13:09 – Setting goals for the wrong reasons
- 17:01 – How to set goals that actually work
We would love to hear from you! If you have a question you want us to answer on the podcast, let us know by leaving us a voicemail at workingagainstgravity.com/podcast. And don’t forget to follow along @workingagainstgravity on Instagram for more content like this.