Tips for Setting Up Your Own Nutrition Plan & Making Adjustments
This is another special live coaching call where Adee has a conversation with someone who has been experiencing obstacles in their nutrition.
Sonya Chamberlain is 41 years old and owns her own midwifery business. She’s also a competitive CrossFit Master’s athlete and a CrossFit coach.
Sonya has the goal of improving her performance and optimizing her body composition for CrossFit, but she feels unsure about the best nutrition plan for her. She’s picked up plenty of nutrition information from various experts, but no plan has ever felt quite right for her specific, individual needs.
She has come to Adee seeking guidance, and they have a conversation about the power of trusting your own intuition around nutrition. Just because different experts offer a wide variety of (sometimes conflicting!) advice doesn’t mean you have to follow any of it. As Adee explains, it’s okay to trust yourself, try different methods, and make adjustments along the way.
If you’ve ever felt overwhelmed with nutrition information and unsure what’s best for your specific goals, you’ll love this episode!
We would love to hear from you! If you have a question you want us to answer on the podcast, let us know by leaving a voicemail at workingagainstgravity.com/podcast. And don’t forget to follow along @workingagainstgravity on Instagram.
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
- Click here to subscribe in iTunes! (https://apple.co/2Y4Qn7h)
- Spotify (https://spoti.fi/3gU2Tz4)
- Stitcher (https://bit.ly/3eQR0Ir)
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes (and other platforms). The more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be to get this podcast and message in front of more people (something about iTunes algorithms?).
We’d be extremely grateful if you left a review letting us know your favorite part of this episode!
- 1:20 – What is Sonya’s goal for the call?
- 3:40 – Sonya’s athletic background (Master’s athlete in CrossFit)
- 6:27 – Sonya’s goals centered around performance in the gym
- 10:35 – What Sonya does for work
- 15:30 – Adee wonders if Sonya doesn’t trust her own intuition around nutrition
- 19:30 – What stops Sonya from creating her own nutrition plan?
- 23:55 – Adee sets up a framework for making nutrition adjustments
- 28:55 – Even more advanced considerations like timing carbs around training
- 33:45 – Difference in intake on rest vs. training days?