Pregnancy Tips and Resources
Let’s talk about pregnancy!
At the time of recording this podcast, Adee was 26 weeks (about 6 ½ months) pregnant with her first baby. Pregnancy has been an incredible journey for both Michael and Adee, and in this episode, they talk candidly about their experience.
They discuss topics including:
- The most surprising parts of pregnancy
- What they’re most proud of during their journey so far
- Their biggest struggles (including how to share responsibilities during pregnancy and when baby arrives)
- How Adee has had to change her workouts during pregnancy to prevent ab separation
- Helpful books they recommend and classes they’ve been taking
Whether you are thinking about getting pregnant in the future, you’re pregnant right now, or you want to support someone in your life who is pregnant, you will love this podcast!
We would love to hear from you! If you have a question you want us to answer on the podcast, let us know by leaving a voicemail at workingagainstgravity.com/podcast. And don’t forget to follow along @workingagainstgravity on Instagram.
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
- Click here to subscribe in iTunes! (https://apple.co/2Y4Qn7h)
- Spotify (https://spoti.fi/3gU2Tz4)
- Stitcher (https://bit.ly/3eQR0Ir)
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes (and other platforms). The more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be to get this podcast and message in front of more people (something about iTunes algorithms?).
We’d be extremely grateful if you left a review letting us know your favorite part of this episode!
- 2:04 – What’s been most surprising so far in pregnancy?
- 6:52 – What has each person been most proud of during pregnancy?
- 11:14 – What have they struggled with most?
- 11:50 – How COVID-19 impacted Adee’s pregnancy experience
- 13:14 – How exercise had to change for Adee
- 14:36 – Changes in her pregnant body
- 16:00 – Hiring a physical therapist
- 17:50 – Michael determining how much to participate in everything/shared responsibilities
- 24:50 – Books they have been reading
- 29:16 – Classes they are taking (hypnobirthing, breastfeeding)
- 32:04 – Adee changing her workouts to prevent ab separation
- 34:42 – Spinning babies exercises
- 35:15 – Vision for what life looks like with baby
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- Expecting Better by Emily Oster
- You Are Your Child’s First Teacher by Rahima Baldwin Dancy
- Baby Sign Language 101 by Lane Rebelo
- NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman
- The Expectant Father: The Ultimate Guide for Dads-to-Be by Armin A. Brott and Jennifer Ash
- All Joy and No Fun: The Paradox of Modern Parenthood by Jennifer Senior
- Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby by Tracy Hogg
- The Natural Baby Sleep Solution: Use Your Child's Internal Sleep Rhythms for Better Nights and Naps by Polly Moore