How to Regulate Stress, Anxiety and Overwhelm
There are so many things in life that can increase our stress, anxiety and overwhelm, and we only have so much capacity to hold that stress before we start to boil over. This week, Michael and Adee share their own stories of learning to empty out the “stress bucket” before it overflows. They explain how mindfulness, alone time and having difficult conversations have become regular practices in their lives and offer advice for anyone who feels overwhelmed by stress and anxiety.
- 02:19 – Living with constant stress
- 05:48 – Focusing on breath
- 07:45 – Asking for accountability
- 14:21 – Practicing expressing your emotions
- 16:21 – Using meditation
- 17:44 – Having the tough conversations
- 25:43 – Creating personal space
- 31:55 – Accepting what you can’t control
- 33:50 – Being gentle with yourself
We would love to hear from you! If you have a question you want us to answer on the podcast, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. And don’t forget to follow along at www.workingagainstgravity.com and @workingagainstgravity on Instagram for more content like this.