We recently wrote this article about the power of casein protein intake before bed for your recovery. There’s never been a better excuse for dessert. Try these macro-friendly, casein protein powder ideas:
Bedtime Recovery Hot Chocolate
Super High Protein Yogurt
- 18g / half a serving of chocolate casein protein powder. We like Ascent Chocolate Casein because it dissolves without needing a shaker. Many brands will clump, so choose wisely.
- 1 cup Water
- Sweetener/Sugar Substitute (optional but recommended)
- Fill a microwave safe mug half way with water and add your desired amount of protein powder. This recipe works best with half a serving (about 18 g).
- Add sweetener and stir until protein and water are combined. Fill the mug with water the rest of the way.
- Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until hot. It may take 60 to 90 seconds. You can also use a stovetop on low heat for 1-2 minutes.