Stuffed mushrooms are a healthy appetizer and macro friendly. These bites are good for your guests and your goals!
- 14g of Gorgonzola cheese crumble
- 85g of baby bella mushrooms
- 28g of spinach (or frozen chopped spinach)
- Cooking oil spray of choice to spray the pan
- Garlic salt to taste
- Wash mushrooms, then cut the stems out of the mushroom, leaving a hole that will be filled with stuffing. (Optional: Finely chop stems and set to the side to add to stuffing.)
- Spray a cooking pan lightly (or use vegetable broth) and sauté mushrooms until tender.
- While the mushrooms saute, in a glass bowl combine spinach and Gorgonzola cheese and microwave for 15 seconds.
- Mix garlic salt and finely chopped mushroom stems into the spinach and cheese.
- Once mushrooms are tender, remove from skillet and fill with spinach, cheese and mushroom stems mixture.