When it comes to slow cookers, the name of the game is set it and forget it. Relying on easy pantry staples for this hearty vegetarian dish, you really can throw together a delicious meal at the drop of a hat. Feel free to swap out Swiss chard for kale, choose a different kind of beans or add in some meat for extra protein.
To add a bit more flavor if you aren't in a rush, sauté the vegetable in a pan until golden brown
Save and freeze your vegetable scraps to make vegetable broth in the future.
- 900g White kidney beans, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 500g Swiss chard, de-stemmed
- 150g Carrots
- 150g Celery
- 225g Onion
- Drain and rinse out the tins of beans
- Peel and chop carrots, celery and onion into 1-2 cm chunks
- De-stem Swiss chard, cut down the middle (along the spine) and roughly chop. No need to be fancy, this cooks down quite a bit
- Mince garlic
- Add all ingredients into the crockpot except salt and pepper.