6 (serving size = 100 g)
- 200 g green lentils, rinsed
- 400 g + 50 g Trader Joe’s Miso Ginger Broth*
- 100 g center-cut bacon
- 100 g white onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 96 g fresh English peas or frozen peas, if fresh peas are out of season
- 14 g capers
- 10 g sherry vinegar
- 5 g Dijon mustard
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Sweet peas, crispy bacon, tangy mustard, and fiber-packed lentils all come together in this deeply satisfying salad that’s perfect for both meal prep and entertaining a crowd.
- Rinse and drain the lentils. In a small saucepan over high heat, combine the lentils with 400 g of miso ginger broth. Bring the lentils to a boil and then reduce to simmer until the liquid is absorbed and the lentils are fully cooked, about 25–30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice the bacon and crisp it in a frying pan over medium heat. When the bacon is crispy, remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon and let it drain on a paper towel. Add the diced onion to the hot bacon grease and cook the onion until it begins to turn translucent about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the peas to the pan and toss. Let the mixture cook for a few more minutes, until the peas are warmed through, then add the remaining 50 g of stock to the pan and let it bubble. Scrape up any good bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan and let the liquid evaporate.
- By this point, the lentils should be done, so add them to the frying pan along with the capers. Whisk the sherry vinegar and Dijon mustard together in a small bowl and then add it to the lentils. Stir everything to combine, adjust seasoning, and top with the crispy bacon and parsley before serving.
If you can’t find a miso ginger broth, you can use any vegetable or chicken broth you have on hand.
This guide is jam-packed with everything you need to know about nutrition.
From tracking macros to meal ideas.