Everyone loves a nice, hot breakfast in the morning, and this one is great year-round! With the help of pre-prepared vegetables, you just throw these ingredients in a microwave-safe dish and it’s ready to enjoy in only a few short minutes!
- 100 g liquid egg whites
- 50 g (1 small, free-range) whole egg
- 60 g mushrooms
- 60 g green bell pepper
- 1 English muffin
- 30 g cream cheese spread
- Olive oil or cooking spray (a 1-second spritz, about .5 - 1 gram of oil)
- Chili powder and/or favorite dried herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a tiny spray of cooking oil or olive oil, spritz a small, microwave-safe dish. Something small like a soufflé or dessert dish.
- Add the mushrooms, green bell peppers, salt, pepper and herbs and spices to the dish.
- In a separate bowl and using a fork, whisk the egg whites with the whole egg.
- Pour into the frittata dish and fill with a little room on top. The frittata will expand.
- Microwave the frittata for 5-8 minutes depending on your microwave’s heat. Use a knife to check if it’s cooked through. Keep adding another 20 or so seconds until frittata is cooked.
- Meanwhile, toast your English muffin and spread cream cheese.
- Using a pot holder, remove your frittata from the microwave and place on a cool plate. Put your English muffin on the side and enjoy! Be careful, it’s very hot!