Bircher Muesli is oatmeal soaked overnight in milk, yogurt, and fruit juice. It is delicious, but it can be a calorie bomb. I was inspired to take a different approach to this classic breakfast by using quinoa instead of oats and going easy on the dairy and juices.
I love this recipe for summer!
- 2 oz / 50 g quinoa
- 100 g nonfat yogurt
- 40 g canned pineapple in 100% pineapple juice
- Sprinkle of cinnamon powder to taste
- Favorite toppings like fruit or nut butter
- Combine quinoa, yogurt, cinnamon and a splash of pineapple juice from the canned pineapple into a container or mason jar.
- Seal with a lid and leave for 8 hours or overnight to soak.
- Top with canned pineapple or other toppings of choice and enjoy!